What support will I receive?
We’re here for you
We know you can only carry out your role as a foster carer with confidence if you are fully supported along the way.
When you choose to foster with Swiis you can benefit from unrivalled carer support, including:
A named, qualified, supervising social worker to support you around the clock:
- Weekly check-in by phone to answer any queries you might have
- Monthly face-to-face supervision meeting in your home
- Qualified social workers are on hand 24/7
- Low social worker/carer ratio so they can dedicate more time to your family’s needs
- Annual carer reviews
- Access to education advisors
- Excellent health support
- Therapeutic support
- Access to CYP (Children & Young People) support workers
- Access to independent legal advice
- A local, experienced “buddy” allocated to you within 14 days of approval
- Local support groups with other carers in your area
- The provision of a special “family book” to help foster children settle into their new home
- Organised carer events and activities
- Access to online carer resources
We do more for our carers than any other fostering agency.
“Foster carers feel highly valued within Swiis. All feedback received from foster carers has been extremely positive with comments such as “should be marked outstanding”, “it has always been outstanding” and “support and training excellent”
Edgbaston Ofsted Report, 2011
We’re with you every step of the way.
Experts on hand
Swiis offers a wealth of experience in every aspect of nurturing a child or young person, so you’re secure in the knowledge that you’re part of a multi-disciplinary team, on-hand to offer expert advice and guidance. Carers have access to a raft of support services from highly skilled education advisors, health advisers and therapeutic specialists.
We work closely with our carers to ensure they feel fully supported, making each fostering journey as enriching and rewarding as possible.
Benefit from access to education specialists, health advisers and experienced social workers.
“I couldn’t do my job without the support from Swiis. They are always at the end of a phone no matter what day or what time. I cannot sing their praises enough.”
Swiis Foster Carer, Newcastle, 2013